PRIVACY & SECURITY
When you purchase something from www.graymattersnyc.com, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address, telephone number, and bank account details for the purposes of online sales, your past purchases, your preferences and interests, navigation patterns as well as your connection logs. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
This data is used for the following purposes:
• To process your purchases and other transactions
• To manage your orders placed on our site and their delivery as well as applicable warranties
• To ensure the security of your online transactions, to prevent fraud and payment defaults
• To manage and optimize the customer relationship
• To create and manage your account
• To validate your registration with our site
• To provide you with e-mail updates related to our brand, site, and/or products
• To verify information that you have provided to us
• To customize materials and advertising provided to you by us or via the site
• To fulfill your requests for products and services, including customer service and our Contact form
• To participate in surveys and promotions
• To analyze your interactions with the site in order to improve our site and products and services
• For the set-up, management and operation of the site (including upgraded versions thereof)
• To identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and misuse or unauthorized use of the site
• To initiate or respond to a subpoena, investigative demand, or other discovery request that is properly served pursuant to applicable law
• To comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, and for internal administrative and analytics purposes
• To take actions to protect and/or to defend our rights and property (including intellectual property)
We may, and you hereby consent to our sharing, transferring and disclosing User Information and Other Information with:
• Third party service providers that we use to process, host, collect, store or manage user information and/or other information
• Third parties with whom we work to host, updated and otherwise operate the site
• Third parties with whom we work to market, advertise and/or enhance the site or the products or services that we offer
• Third parties with whom we work to provide customer service to you and other users of the site
• Other businesses and media entities with whom we work to offer or customize products and services
• Government agencies (including courts and law enforcement agencies)
• Parties to civil or criminal litigation or arbitration (including arbitrators and/or mediators involved in litigation or arbitration)
• Other third parties under special circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, or protecting the safety of our users
• Our current and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures or any other entities under a common control, including in the event that we, our business or assets are acquired by another entity
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
PROTECTION OF USER INFORMATION
If you do not wish to be contacted by us you can follow the unsubscribe instructions that accompanies any contact e-mail. If you opt-out of certain contacts, we may still contact you about any problems or issues with your account, profile, or any purchases you have made on the site or from us. Please allow ten (10) business days from when your unsubscribe request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have a right to request access to, rectification or erasure of your data, or restriction of processing, and to object to said processing, as well as the right to data portability to the extent applicable. You can also oppose to the use of your data to build up your client profile; in this case you will no longer benefit from customized offers or services. These rights may be exercised directly with Gray Matters by sending us a written request at email@example.com. You may be asked for proof of identity. You have the following rights regarding the user information you have provided us:
• To review the user information that you have supplied to us
• To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied us
• To request that you user information not be used to contact you (except as otherwise provided in these terms)
• To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation of ours
• To request that your user information be deleted from our records
• To opt out of being solicited by the site or third parties
If you request that your user information be deleted from our records, there may be a reasonable delay in processing that request, while we or our designee verifies that the request is valid and originates from you, and a copy of some or all of the user information may be retained for legal compliance purposes, and in automatic backups. You may be asked for proof of identity. If you request that your user information be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the site. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request.
We retain user information and other information to provide you with access to the site or certain features thereof. For example, in order to create your own account on the Site, you must provide us with your name and your valid, working e-mail address; and you hereby authorize us to store your name and e-mail address. Should you elect to do so, you may also provide, in your account, your telephone number, payment card information, and shipping and billing addresses. If you choose to provide us with such additional information, then you are also authorizing us to store such information until such time as you request to change or delete it and such request is reasonably processed.
The Data that is collected and processed under our Contact form shall only be kept throughout the duration of the processing of your request. Should you decide to create a client account, your identification Data shall be kept for as long as your account is active and you do not close it. You may close your account at any time. Your request shall be taken into consideration immediately, or in case of any pending order, as soon as it shall have been executed in full. The Data concerning your orders shall in principle be kept by Gray Matters for a period of time that does not exceed the applicable statutory limitation periods. This Data may however also be viewed from your client account as long as the latter remains active. Upon closure of your client account, this Data (i) shall be archived for accounting and evidential purposes for the above mentioned statutory limitation periods, or (ii) shall be destroyed if these periods have expired. Your bank account Data shall be kept secure for the duration that is needed for the confirmation of your order.
Should you have any questions about the collection and processing of your data by Gray Matters, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
BACK IN STOCK: By adding out of stock products to your Wish List, you agree that your data will be used by Gray Matters, as data controller, to send you notifications about availability of stock. You may exercise your rights to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data, or restriction of processing, and to object to said processing as well as to withdraw your consent, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be asked for proof of identity.
If you ever use a public computer to log in to your account on the Site, We strongly encourage you to log out of your account at the conclusion of your session.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. If after you opt-in to our site registration or email, and you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by emailing us at email@example.com.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not:
• _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
• _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
• _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
• cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
• _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
• storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
• PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
In accordance with federal law, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under age 13 without the verifiable permission of a parent or guardian. If you are under age 13, you are welcome to browse our web site. However you are not permitted to use any of the features of our site that require the collection of any personally identifiable information. If we determine that we have erroneously collected a child's information, we will immediately undertake to delete that data from our records.
ONLINE ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Gray Matters’ goal is to permit customers to successfully gather information and conduct business through our website, including individuals with visual impairments that use screen readers to view the website. Gray Matters has taken steps and is devoting resources to promote website accessibility.
If you have difficulty accessing features or functions on this website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to provide the information you seek and/or call our customer service line at 929 295 0303.
CHANGES IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. Any changes to this policy will be posted.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information email us at email@example.com.